Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Don't ever give up

Do we feel like we have to keep trying? At whatever it is we are trying to accomplish? I think we do. I know I can be stubborn at times (good thing my husband does not read this) and have to keep striving for more. Most of the time, I don't ever feel like I can just give up. Sometimes, things do not go the way we want them to, but we forget that our way is not always The Way. I still push myself to run about 5-6 days a week, even though I am not trying to accomplish a weight loss goal and training for a race. Somedays, I walk and talk with my friend and that is always fun, too. On the days that I run alone, that is when I have quiet time for me when I can plan out my day and focus on still trying to run. It still amazes me that even my goal is over, I still cannot wait to start my day and run. The last two mornings, I have been up at about 4:30am. Don't ask me why - I do not have an answer. It is so refreshing to be outside and work hard and then you have the rest of the day. I used to love sleeping in - now I can't. My idea of sleeping in is getting up at 6am on a day I don't have to get up. I read a quote a few months ago that says, " You should feel that being you is enough." When I struggle with thoughts of needing to be better than I was before, I have to remind myself of that quote. I also read that as ..."difficult as it is to forgive others, it is more difficult to forgive ourselves." It is hard to do both - don't ever give up, but also remember to forgive ourselves if we fall short. We know we will fall short sometimes, and sometimes we will make it. Everyone wants to be around when we make it. We also know that when we do fall short, we have others that will pick us up and encourage us to never give up. Those people are true friends. Find those people in your life and keep them close - they want to be around for the good, but also in case the bad and the ugly come around too. Have a tubular Tuesday! (The California girl came out in me this morning - sorry! :-))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! I found YOU!...I have now added you to my favorites...(which I should have done LONG ago!)...as you are one of my FAVORITES!...AND I am now following your blog...... so there is NO WAY I CAN LOSE YOU NOW! after catching up on all that I missed...(and CONGRATS!!! by the way) I realize in all your writings you are finally giving yourself permission....permission to feel, permission to explore and permission to live. I am so proud of you Michelle....but I am also in the backseat as I am in awe over you. When this year started my New year's resolution was To live my life on the front page...and I have done so...and will continue to do so...but I see that that has a different meaning to all of us yet the purpose may ultimately be the same our paths cross for a reason. Whether it be the confirmation that what we are doing we are not going at it alone... the validation that how we process what we are doing is not only felt by us but connect others like us who genuinely have a pure desire to deepen our souls and take control of the life we live or simply adding a thread to our exisitence making the footprint we leave deep and concrete. Either way I am honored your path crossed mine.

Michelle Homme said...

Coli -
Wow. Since I believe that all things happen for a reason that must mean that there are reasons for everything. I find myself, very often recently, at unfamiliar crossroads. I read a quote that sums it up very well - "Although we reach for different things, the reason we reach is the same." We are striving to be better - to find out way around this crazy world. Thank you for all of your kind words, for believing in me, and for listening. I am grateful for the life before me.