Saturday, February 5, 2011

The need to say something...anything

As I sit in my office watching it lightly snow, I am compelled to write, but don't have a subject right at the tip of my brain at this very moment. Maybe there are too many thoughts up there and it is difficult for me to pick just one. I cannot believe that it cannot be the alternative - that there are no thoughts up there at all. I have tried really hard this week to get back to the Bloomin' me - I even got a note from a friend who reminded me that she likes to see me when I am bloomin. I have expected things from others and have been disappointed; I have thought criticisms of me would never come; I have had to find strength again in the one place it will always be - within myself. I have been resilient at conquering tasks that might others cringe, and even if I was not successful, I felt a great sense of pride knowing that I had never given up. I move forward and carry on - that is what I do. We all need to do that in our lives. Sometimes we just want someone to be there to listen - not to fix it or give advice - just to know that they were there for us can make a huge impact. Try to see other people's points of view, even if they don't see yours; apologize even if you don't think you need to, even if they never do; have faith in others, even when you think you want to give up and throw in the towel. Remember to feel...and share those feelings with those you love. I will never forget what my dad said as our family's statement the day I got married - he said, "Love is not a word, but an action." How do you show those that you love with your actions? I know we sometimes think about ourselves and become selfish at times - who doesn't? Part of my mission statement discusses how I will say what I want to say when I feel it, but if I don't, then I am just censoring myself and am being worse than selfish - I am not being true to me. You can be honest without being hurtful, but you have to try. Remember why you are here...

No comments: