Monday, June 13, 2011

Right place...right time

Has this ever happened to you? Maybe once or twice? When you were able to help someone that tripped on the curb and you grabbed their arm and helped them regain their balance? When you gave a kind word and a smile to someone that really, REALLY wondered what they had to smile about? Maybe, like me, you feel like you are the right place at the right time to live your life the way it was intended to live. Part of me wished that all of this would have happened a long time ago because I feel like I wasted many years that I can never get back. I could used someone like me many years ago to help me see what I needed to see so that I could get to where I needed to get to. Wishing and hoping for the past does me no good. I have to believe that I was not ready then. It was not mine to have at that time. Even though I wished it..or something like it, not even really knowing what that was or where it would come from. I was in a rut for so long and am grateful that I found it, better late than never. When Rocky and I try to explain how we came to be, we cannot. We were at the right place at the right time. I am not sure what drew us to become instant, life-long friends, but it must have been the right place and time for both of us.
"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return" - "For Good", from Wicked

We cannot always wait for things to be "right" before we take a leap of faith. Sometimes, we are just there...in the moment and you happen to be in the right place at the right time. Do not overlook those chances that may drop in from time to time. Since I believe things happen for a reason, I also believe people coming into and out of my life also serve a purpose. Sometimes, it is hard and other times, you wonder how you ever did without them. You will know deep in your soul, just when it is time to let go and time to hold on. The message will be clear in one way shape or another. You will never doubt those special moments with those special people that you were at the right place at the right time. Neither will they because it will be just as special for them. Believe in right place, right time. It doesn't happen all the time...but you know it when you have it.

No comments: