Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Having no pulse

Can you feel it? Just barely? Is it weak and maybe even not really noticeable? You know what I'm talking about...are you living with no pulse? Where you sit there and just say, "I got nothing." I did that the majority of my life. Not anymore. This week has been one for the record books in good ways that I never could have imagined and I continue to be changed every day. I have ideas that are coming so fast now and I have to make time to put them to good use. I received a call last night from BC - she is a woman who if I had to guess has been living with no pulse. She does was is expected, working when she needs to, but lets the fear of the unknown dictate what happens in her life. She allows the scariness of change to hold her back from exploring even one little thing that might just bring her the best joy she has had in a long time. She didn't have to call me, but the fact that she did tells me something. That she wants more, but is afraid to take the steps to get more. I get that. We are all afraid of things...fear is fear, regardless of what we makes us fearfull. I remember when the word shopping almost made me sick to my stomach when Rocky suggested it. Yes, I am being serious so stop laughing. BC is standing right at the edge of the pool wanting to get in, but not sure how to proceed. I am sure she asks herself, "Should I just jump in? I know the water will be an immediate rush of cold, but then it will be ok." Or does she say, "If I head into the water using the steps, it is more gradual and it takes longer." We all have different ways of getting "into the pool." Some of us are even pushed...and no one likes that, but it turns out that that was the best thing for us, even if we didn't think so at the time. Are you tired of feeling like you have no life? That nothing you do brings you joy and makes your day better? Ruts and being stuck are no fun for anyone. "You are not stuck where you are unless you choose to be." - Dr. Wayne Dyer People have this misconception that we have to continue where we are - we don't. But if you are looking for a change, as we enter this new year, don't make a resolution. People get caught up in falling short and then give up entirely because they failed. But, maybe they just failed one day. They failed for one minute. It doesn't mean the whole year was bad. Make yourself a promise to start living with a pulse. Because I need you to live that way as much as you need you to live that way. I promise you will never be more surprised at what you can do when you let the heart inside you pump life back into your body. Your soul will breath again.

No comments: