Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's who you are

No questions. Ever. It's who you are. I used to wonder who I was...I mean, really. I knew where I came from and what let me to my todays and never really looked that far into the future. Even when people told me who I was, I am not sure I believed it. I still struggle with that a little bit, but I am getting better at it. For me, it was always a disbelief that I could make that big of a difference in someone else's life by my saying or doing something that I found almost effortless. For a long time, I was not sure of who I really was and even when I knew, I am sure I was afraid to really show people who I was. But, I cannot do that anymore. I still have some walls, but nothing like I had before. I had to trust myself more than I had ever done before and still have to continue to do that every day. Especially when I doubt. Since I believe that we have a reason and a purpose for being here, when we allow ourselves to be who we are with others, we are serving that purpose. Our three sons have three unique personalities and I wouldn't change any of them for anything. I love who they are and treasure that uniqueness every day. I love to watch them bloom. When we share our true selves with others, we show the world who we are. When I write on a post, I share with you a little bit about me. This is who I am and for those of you that know me personally, you get more of me. Who are you? Have you found your purpose yet? Sometimes, we cannot predict what events will occur and which people will come into our lives that will change our lives forever, but we need to welcome them. We will learn more than we ever thought we could and be blessed that we experienced them, in whatever time we were given. Bless our days with who you are as we will always treasure that you are a part of what makes us who we are.

No comments: