Monday, December 19, 2011

When you are unsure

Sometimes making a decision and committing to it can be the biggest thing we face, even if it is minor. Do I get up an get on the stupid elliptical this morning or take some time to rest for me? Will I regret making that decision later? We all wish that we could change something...to go back and change the outcome. But we can't so we hesitate making a choice. Sometimes, the choices are easier and easier, the more we make the same one. It becomes a pattern and a habit that becomes what shapes us. Everyone knows that breaking habits and doing something different is never easy, but it can be done. I deliberate about silly things and then fully commit to big ones with almost no hesitation. Why? Because I overthink. I know I can think more about me than I do about someone else and I feel guilty for that. That is not who I am. I am not even going to use the time of year as an excuse, but I know I think about it at least once a day. A decsion or choice that we make is right for us at THAT moment, and only after the fact so we wish we could change it if it does not turn out the way we thought it would. But I would rather have that to learn from than to never have dont it all, because that teaches me to be afraid and to not take chances. I may wish I hadn't said that or done that after, but at THAT moment, that is what I needed to do or say. You still have the right to change your mind...you still can ask for forgiveness...you can still reach when you think no one is there. Be confident in your choices and know that if you believe in them, then I do too. I may not agree with them, but I will accept them. We all find things to contemplate about and wonder what to do next. But by not choosing anything, you essentially still choose.

No comments: