Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Luckiest girl in the world

I am not one to highlight anything that would draw attention to me, but this is different. I want the world to know that I am the luckiest girl in the world. I cannot even begin to fathom the gratitude, love, and appreciation I feel for those that care about me and love me. I never used to think that I was lucky, especially when I was younger. In fact, I would probably thought just the opposite. How lucky can I be that my parents divorced? How lucky can I be that I never really allowed myself to have any friends? How lucky can I be that when I took chances, they always seemed to turn out bad? I was the one who never played the lottery because I never thought I could win. It's hard to win if you never buy a ticket. I always viewed success as an accident, and usually thought it's longevity was going to be short lived. Things did not happen to me like that. They just didn't. Slowly but surely I would little pieces of me show themselves to others in ways, but I did not realize it at the time. Now, I see. When I started this journey and Rocky asked me those hard (but easy) questions, I began to see what I really wanted to do and how my feelings for others needed to be shown. People are always afraid of telling someone, "I love you" or "I need you", but now I probably say more than I should. I am not living this life with regrets and have tired to hold to my promise of being true to me. I have a husband who loves me, three sons who are smart, well-mannered young men who I am extremely proud of, and a life that brings me great joy. I have friends who would do anything I asked if they could and support me as I encounter this new adventure. I have choices that are mine to make and unknown challenges that are mine to conquer. I have my health and my mind and those two things can be very powerful. I have my future that has yet to be written just as the posts on this blog will bring insight to you. I am not one to believe in luck, but I believe that we have some opportunities to create our own luck. We just have to believe it and right now, I believe I am the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments: