Friday, September 3, 2010

Unbelievable

Today was like any other day, but things I did not expect happened. One of my co-workers told me today that she reads this everyday. Every day. I started to tell her something, but she already knew because I had added it to my blog. She made my day. I ran into another woman that I usually only work with a couple months a year as I was running an errand on my lunch hour. We visited a little and I again had no issues sharing with her about my weight loss (she noticed) and the life changes I have made as well. I think it surprised her, but also she wanted the blog information and seemed very grateful that I shared it with her. I titled this post as "unbelievable" mostly because everything I write and share with you is personal, vulnerable, and for my benefit as I travel this road of life. Sometimes, I will stop and think that this is not all about me. Since I have "readers" looking for new inspiration and hope, I pray that you feel the courage to try something new and appreciate your journey as well. Although I do not have preconceived goals about what this sharing will do for me, I hope you find comfort and humor in the way that I share my struggles, my excitement, and passion for this new found life. Maybe you find some similarities that you can associate with and realize that we have more in common than we think. I also saw another friend who I have missed (we will need to have lunch soon) and feel so free. This year, I have let go of so many fears and some were pretty deep. Some that I didn't know I had hidden for so long or so deep that when they came to the surface it was something I had never experienced before. Like when you take time to really concentrate and take a deep breath. That release, that sense of relief is so awesome. It is truly unbelievable.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I am very thankful to have run into you that day and for you to have shared this with me. I look forward to strengthening our friendship.

Michelle Homme said...

SW -
And it begins...It truly is amazing. Maybe one day we could do lunch. Have a great week! - M