Monday, September 26, 2011

Maybe a little nervous

Who are you now? Who do you want to be? What can YOU do about closing that gap? Tomorrow night begins a new adventure for me and it is one that I was not sure I even wanted to pursue. Maybe I downplay it because I do not want to have expectations and then feel some disappointment. However, it will develop on its own and become a living, breathing thing. Maybe I am more afraid of what others expect from me tomorrow night. I know one thing... I have several women that will learn more about me in those 90 minutes than they probably would elsewhere. Hopefully, they learn more about themselves in those same 90 minutes and what they choose to believe about themselves going forward from that point. That is what I hope happens. That this group starts to scratch at the surface of something that has been long forgotten and deeply hidden. It is time to awaken and be more of who you were meant to be. This group will affect everyone differently. Some will think it is a waste of time. Others will begin to have that feeling that they want to change. Even others may be indifferent to it. I am not sure how I will react to this group. I will probably process it afterwards and try to remember things that were said or things I thought of so that we can use it again at the next month's meeting in October. But that first step is always the hardest and it takes the most courage. But there is no going back - after all, there are about 15 ladies that are looking forward to the G.I.F.T. and whatever it brings with it. If am this nervous today, do not even ask me what I will be like tomorrow. It Starts Today.

No comments: