Friday, September 9, 2011

Admission

This morning, I admitted something to someone that she probably knew, but I never really accepted yet...fully. I was afraid to say it out loud - to let her see and make it more real. Hiding it and dismissing it was easy, but I needed to go there and trust it and fully admit it. Out loud. Admitting when we make a mistake is difficult and is a confirmation that we are not perfect. For a very long time, I tried to achieve perfection and would get upset when I didn't measure up. As hard as I tried, I didn't quite cut it. Another failure. I am not sure if I accepted success any better than I accepted failure. How do you do with accepting and admitting things that are difficult for you? Being honest with yourself and having no regrets about that admission can make you step outside your comfort zone and even through the fear, give you the courage to move forward. "Coming clean" is just what we need to do to be able to move ahead and release whatever we are still holding on to that is dragging us down. Apologize when you need to and take every step you can, even if it feels like it is pure torture for you, to make it right. Don't run from situations that are uncomfortable because it is easier to avoid them than confront them. Allow people to be a part of your life - because they care and love you. Confess the dreams and passions that get your heart racing in a way that you don't even really think about it. Acknowledge that we all have good days and bad days, but the bad days can be made better when shared with those special people. Sharing the good days makes those days even better. Open up with all that you are, bringing your past with you and share with those around you. Today, I declared I have a "slim" and she knows what that means. She also understands how big a step that is for me as I have now divulged this to her. I continue to travel a road where I do not know the end destination or how I will get there. However "scawee" that admission was for me, please know that I continue to let go of the bar and put my arms up above my head. We are on this ride together, and am grateful every day that I am one of your "slims", as I cannot imagine not being here. 32mbmjsa.

1 comment:

Rocky said...

For those reading, I hope you all have a "Slim" in your life. A Slim is someone who is there for you unconditionally through your laughter and tears, anger and sorrow, heartbreak and rejoicing. With it comes great responsibility as you have to let others be there for you during those times as well. Being able to have one Slim is a blessing and being able to have more than one is more than I deserve. For the longest time I had one but now I have two of them and my life is so much more amazing. They are there for Anything and Everything I throw their way. How lucky am I? Okay, I wouldn't say lucky. We all come together for a reason and a purpose. So maybe your purpose in life is to be someone's Slim. And to let them be yours. Now that is perfect fate or more like God's design.