Thursday, May 6, 2010

Two in one day!

Post #2. As my wonderful day continued yesterday, May 5th, a colleague stopped by my office as she does just about everyday. We casually say hello and see how things are going. I told her that my day was fantabulous and she said her day was good. I asked her what was wrong and the next thing you knew, we were sharing with each other like never before. I know it sounds funny to become so open with someone you don't really know, but somehow, for some reason, it was there. I shared with her where I am, and she kept saying that she was saying very similar things just recently. She has hit a blockade and cannot get past it. After work, she and her story kept coming to mind. I said a little prayer for her and drove to pick up my middle son from church. As I sat there and had about 10 minutes to wait, the next thing I knew, I wrote her a poem. This is titled, "I give you permission" and is also found on this blog under the page of the same name. When you give someone permission freely, you are telling them it is ok. I was very excited to give it to her today. I called her, and told her that I wanted to give something to her and she could do with it what she wanted. She briefly told me that she mentioned our conversation to her husband and he quickly asked, "How long have you known her?" Sometimes, we cannot explain it. Women are different than men and don't need a rational explanation for all things to make sense to us. I have not heard back from her yet, but hope it helps. Even if nothing else, she has permission from me to let go and move on.

No comments: