Friday, August 6, 2010

Different People, Same Minds

Someone told me yesterday that I needed to post something for August...when she told me that, I wondered what could I say? Am I running out of things to say? Then, I thought of her and another co-worker who I had visited with briefly earlier in the week and I found that we all had something in common. As I compared the three of us, I realized that we all come from different places, but are here...in the same place in our minds. If we aren't there yet, we cetainly want to be there. The more I am willing to open up and give freely of what I have to offer, I am still surprised at the reaction I receive from others. Our paths cross periodically at work, but never do we really get to know each other and appreciate who we really are as people. It is a shame that we cannot do that more, because that is what living is really about. Giving of ourselves, our genuine selves, is the most precious gift we can give anyone. People need to be less judgemental, more patient, and more understanding. For a very long time, I wanted things to be different, but didn't know how to start, where to start, etc. Then, it happened on its own. When this started, I told someone who questioned, "Why us?" and "Why now?" "that we are ready to receive it now." It has been a long time coming, but I am very grateful that I am not alone in my thinking about life. Every day, I am amazed that other people think similar thoughts as I do. Together, we will make it better. Every storm begins with just one drop of rain. Maybe this is our storm. Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michelle....I see I can now leave a post :-) I am elated to see that you made time to post your thoughts... I do enjoy watching your process. I do agree the more you confront the fear of those less enlightened judging you will realize there are a lot of people who have similar feelings but they don't have the acceptance of their feelings to allow themselves an outlet: or away to get out of their heads as you have created for yourself. I am honored that you were willing to let it start the day you did by sharing with me your journey.
Love, Accept, & Honor
C~

Michelle Homme said...

C-
Thank you for taking time to read the blog and post a comment. I had self-imprisoned myself into believing that safer meant better for a long time. I have been less inhibited to share more of me (the true me) in these recent months and have enjoyed this new found freedom. Let's try to do lunch on eday - I would love to get to know you better. Have a wonderful day!