Monday, July 19, 2010

Crazy day - little bit of whining

I know most of us could probably agree that in most cases, Mondays can be crazy for whatever reasons. The day started out normal enough, but then things started happening. Weird, unusual, and out of the ordinary. I was asked by someone new to speak at one their monthly meetings about motivation. This would take place probably in September and I would have about 45 minutes to talk. I have bits and pieces for the first talk I was asked to give (but have yet to give it yet - maybe November), but nothing is finalized yet. I don't even have a powerpoint put together or an outline. I was totally speechless when I read the email. I called a friend and I whined. I knew that was going to be the intention of the call and she dismissed me because she knows I'll do it. In truth, I could not even speak when she first answered the phone - like someone had kicked me in the gut. She really is an awesome friend. I guess even though I talk about all these things I could do, want to do, etc, I don't usually follow through without some grumbling first. Today, I was also given a music CD with some very specific songs on it that was burned just for me. I know some of it is meant to be motivational (to run to in the am), some of it is meant to encourage me to continue the path my life is taking. I also know that with everything I have learned over these months I cannot go back and that this is all meant to be. Why is this so difficult? I found this quote today by Leo Buscaglia -“It's not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something. May I suggest that it be creating joy for others, sharing what we have for the betterment of personkind, bringing hope to the lost and love to the lonely.” How ironic that I find this on a day when all of these other things (that happen for reasons) occurred? It will make sense to me soon...

No comments: