Thursday, July 8, 2010

Men don't get it

Ok, before you think this is a men-bashing post, you are wrong. Most, if not all, of you will agree with me. I love my husband dearly as we approach our 21st wedding anniversary next week. If you have been following along since the beginning, you know that I have been making internal and external changes to myself. This journey has been a mind-SHIFT of where I was and where I want to be and how I can get there. I have also started exercising as well and have had some success there as well. My husband has noticed those external changes and has made nice comments that motivate me to continue. I would do it for me anyway, but it is still nice for him to say. But when I try to talk to him about this blog, or any of the other "soul-changing" thoughts I have, he tunes out. He doesn't need to know how a hug given to a co-worker made their day or how I feel more empowered than I have in so many years. He doesn't need to get it. Ultimately, if I am happy and continue to live my life as I have (you and I both know it is better :-), then that is all he cares about. Most of the books I have read are not written by men. Women have a unique vocabulary and way of looking at the world. We continue to try to save it, while the men just accept it "for what it is." However, we need men to be our supporters and even if they don't get it, they are there for us. We are grateful for that. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: