Monday, November 15, 2010

Different paths we end up on

This weekend, I spent a lot of time trying to decide what my dream is since I asked you to do the same. One thing I have learned is that I cannot ask you to do something that I am not willing to do myself. To decide what your dream is, first you have to find your passion. What is your passion? A couple of weeks ago, a friend asked me, "What do you want?" I told her I did not know, but I think I am closer to that answer. I wrote some things down and did more with those thoughts than I have in the past. Here is the purpose of this post - I wanted to be a lawyer when I was in high school, and yet I am no where closer to that profession, nor do I desire to be. Due to decisions and circumstances, I ended up on a different path than I thought I had previously wanted. After reading many books about how people get stuck in jobs they hate, working long hours, and not really living, they come to their "Ah-ha" Moment (thanks, Oprah!) where they decide to really start living their life the way they want to live their life. Are you one of those people that feels stuck? I encourage you to find what you are passionate about and see what you can do to follow your heart. Sometimes, the things we think we want turn out not to be what we really desire and motivates us. The key is that we need to be open to change and other opportunities that otherwise we would not have even seen. Keep your eyes and hearts open and you may just find yourself on another path you did not know existed. Believe me, it may be the better one too. Make your Monday Marvelous!!!!!!!

No comments: