Saturday, November 13, 2010

Review of "Walking Through Illusion" by Betsy Otter Thompson

I was contacted by Betsy who asked me to read and review her book, "Walking Through Illusion", where she mentions different people from the Bible and describes their situations and how we can apply similar thoughts and feelings to our own lives today. Betsy takes 23 crucial but equally important emotions and analyzes them through Jesus' eyes and interpretations, as she believes He would. Jesus answers these questions and always makes us not look at how to correct what is wrong by looking at the outside, but by looking at our own mirror. Too often, we find things that are negative in the world, but what we really should be doing is trying to find the positive in us and share that with the world. That in itself will make the world more positive. Betsy shares the path she has taken on her personal journey as she has come to this point in her life. I especially love the quotes at the beginning and the end of each chapter that make me stop and think. One of my favorites is, "Cherish the process. You never leave it behind you. You simply bring more of yourself to the process you are in." As I have continued on my own journey of finding my purpose and following my heart, I have come to the realization that "Today is the sum total of who I am." We all are. I believe that we cannot prejudge our destiny because of our past and therefore our destiny cannot be prejudged.
Thank you, Betsy, for sharing this wonderful book with me. I wish you wonderful success in life and hope to stay in touch.

2 comments:

Pat Kafka Thomas said...

Sounds like an interesting read. I agree with our inability to prejudge our destiny...but yet it's easy to get stuck if we find ourselves unable to forgive.

Michelle Homme said...

I will get it to you, so you can read it also. True forgiveness is extremely difficult when it must be given to others, but even more difficult when it is ourselves that must be forgiven. That is when we finally surrender.