Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nothing can stop you

I heard a phrase from a new movie last night that said, "When you do something for the right reasons, nothing can stop you." That momentum will carry you past any doubt, any fear, and opinion that is not in your favor. But you have to believe in what you are are doing first. Mike and I went out to dinner last night as we visited a friend's new sandwich shop and we saw a few of the workers that we have known for some time. One of them, MK, was in attendance Wednesday night when I gave my speech. He told me he stayed awake during the speech (maybe it was because he knew me), but also he said he really liked it. I told him it was my first one. He asked me again, "Really?" I told him that seriously it was my first one, but was hoping for more. I think it impressed him that he never would have known that it was my first speech if I had not told him. Thanks, MK. You all know what I am talking about. When you KNOW, without a doubt ever, that what you are doing is right. You know it and you feel it. You feel it so deep you are not sure you will ever reach the bottom of your soul. It keeps going. And you also realize that because you can feel it that much, and the passion behind it is so greeat, that nothing can stop you. There will be nothing that will stand in your way. I told someone recently that when you ask yourself THE question, and you find that the answer is the same, then you know. But you have to be willing to let it come from your heart, not your head. Emotion is so much stronger than thought. What are you doing for the right reasons?

No comments: