Saturday, November 26, 2011

You help...without question

Yesterday, as our family was driving to my inlaws, someone texted me asking for help. Not really thinking that I could or really understanding why she picked me, I did the best I could with helping her. I hope I did. She said I did and have no regrets about anything I said to her and I hope she knows that I am always here for her. But what do you do when people come to you for help? You help. When people compliment me, I shy away from that and usually just say, "I'm just me." But there are reasons that people come to you or me when they need something or someone. Just as there are reasons why I go to my slim, my sisters, and other friends when I have questions, have something to share, etc. When someone has the courage, is humble, and comes to you with the words, "I need you", What do you do? You help. You do all you can to make them feel better about a situation. You give them your love through your touch with a hug. You say what they need to hear, even if they don't want to. You go when you are not invited. They will forgive you for the intrusion later. You show them they matter and that what hurts them, hurts you. Sometimes, you can relate to the situation they are in and it takes you back to the time when you where there and you find yourself cringing at the very thought that someone else has to live in that nightmare, just as you did. I remember when I was about 14 and someone came into my life that I wanted to talk to, but I was forced to not have any contact with GC. That made me close everyone out. After so many years, I found GC on Facebook and apologized to her for the way things happened, even though most of it almost wasn't in my control. So, when I was asked to help yesterday and I could have removed myself from a similar situation, I did what GC tried to do for me so many years ago...I helped. Even if people are upset with me later for getting involved. Even if things do not work out the way we would like. I have no regrets about that and would do it again should the chance come up again. Even if you feel like it doesn't matter. I have to feel that I have done EVERYTHING I could imagine doing and give it my all. I have to give the world everything I have to offer because if I don't, I am not serving the people around me. I help because I can, because I want to make it easier for those that I love, because it means something to me to be wanted. When someone comes to you and says, "I need you"...do what I would do...help, without question, knowing that at some time, they will be there to return the favor.

No comments: