Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The G.I.F.T. 9-27-11

So, I have been trying to figure out a way to share what we do in our G.I.F.T. meetings with more people that are unable to attend the meetings for whatever reason. Since I am fairly confident that some of those people read this, I thought I would start here. Maybe it will spark a conversation...maybe it will encourage you to do something different in your life. The choice will and always will be yours to make. So, here goes.

After we did an ice breaker to get the ladies comfortable talking to each other , I explained more about the journey I have taken, how it started, that I did not want to hold this group, to my weight loss, etc.

I shared one of my favorite quotes by Mark Nepo, "There comes a day when the risk to be held tightly in a bud is more painful than the risk to bloom."

I quote my "I refuse" list which I shared with you earlier in a post. I told the ladies about MOXIE - Making Ourselves Xtraordinary In Everything. They also each received a card that has the "I first had to" poem on it, along with you get a positive ATTITUDE through Achieve This Through Insight, Time, Understanding, Empowerment, Dedication.

I gave them a book using the 20 questions from Oprah's February 2010 issue authored by Martha Beck. I told them that if they had the courage to ask themselves the questions, then one day I hope they have the courage to answer them. I mentioned the ONE question that Rock asked me so long ago - "What is the one thing you wish you could change about your life?" When Rock asked me that question, I told her I wanted to lose weight. Never in a million years, would I have thought that answering that one question would lead me to where I am now.

I told the ladies that this was our group and it would develop on its own. I also asked them hard questions? What is holding you back? I showed them that taking ONE step changes you because even by taking just that ONE step, you are already someplace different than you were before.

Greatness Is Found Together

No comments: