Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ambition

I thought about ambition this past week on one of my walks. Yes, I said walk. My week has been off since I was off work most of the week helping our son recover from his surgery. Day time TV is pretty much a waste of time, but I was able to get some things done that otherwise I had not had time to do, so that was a good thing. Don't we have ambition? Although the goal might be something different, we still carry ambition. Ambition are hopes and dreams that we aspire to create and live. But too much ambition can be a bad thing. If you become so focused on your end result, you could forget about others that are the ones that care about you and love you. You could create enenmies where you once had only friends and supporters. Sometimes, we lose sight of what we are doing, not even realizing that we are doing it. Being focused on things is a great thing, don't get me wrong. Ambition and the aspiration to do great things is on the horizon for all of us. It is just right beyond our grasp, but we can see it and we can feel it. Nothing is more great and makes us shine more than we we have ambition and we know what direction we are headed. Isn't that the best feeling ever? What ambitions do you have? Have you given yourself a chance to look for them? We all have goals. I succeeded a goal last year when I set out to lose 20 pounds and ended up losing almost twice that much. I still have more more ambitions, but maybe not so much in the losing weight area. I have dreams I want to pursue...need to pursue...in order to say I gave my all. I might fail, but at least I can say I tried. What do you want others to say about you? That you never achieved anything because you never tried anything or that you failed because you tried? I pick the latter. Thomas Edison tried numberous times on how to create a lightbulb -- can you imagine what would have happned if he had given up? Carry that ambition with you...it will never steer you wrong and will actually catapult you to places you never expected but you will be grateful you went there. Hold true to your passions and use your ambition for good and in changing your life, you just might have the time of your life doing so. You might even surprise yourself.

No comments: