Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The G.I.F.T. 10-25-11

We had two new ladies come this night, so I quickly got them up to speed as to where we where from our first meeting. I shared a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, "The story of friendship is not in the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him."

I also shared a quote that I wrote back in January 2010 that I had forgotten about. I found it significant because of certain words that are grouped together that relate to these women. "Complacency is not something we can accept if we are trying to change our lives. It is a delusion that confuses us into believing that this is all there is or this is the best it will ever be. We cannot go on living stifled, unfulfilled lives. Our capacity to impact those around us cannot be contained, but will shower us in awe of greatness we have yet to find.

I asked the women to know the difference between what we do and who we are. What goals do you have for yourself? What are you willing to do to get there? What do you LOVE to do? I went over the six of the 20 questions that I ask myself most frequently. Life is here and it will go whether we choose to participate in it or not. What in your life can you change, even in the smallest of ways? Fear is what holds us back..."Knowledge is the enemy of fear." Look for signs...sometimes viewed by the self they don't add up to anything, but if you group them together, they can mean everything.

"If you tell a woman 100 times she is beautiful, she will never believe you. If you tell a woman once that she is ugly, she will always believe you." - unknown Why do we do that? Because we doubt. We don't think we are worthy or that we deserve it.

I shared the "SHUNS" from "the Passion Test"
*Intention - Your results will ALWAYS match your true intentions.
*Attention - What you put your attention on grows stronger in your life.
*No Tension - Something that you are truly passionate about will be something you do naturally. It will draw you towards it.

I shared with the group the signs I now see as what has led me there and the things I love to do.
"The magnitude of doing nothing to fulfill our purpose is far greater than any pursuing we would take fulfill that same purpose." - Michelle Homme

Suggested books: "Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway" By Dr Susan Jeffers and "I could do anything if I only knew what it was" by Barbara Sher

No comments: