Saturday, May 21, 2011

Going with the flow

Sometimes, that is what you have to do. Go with the flow. I need to better at this and am working on it. I still try to control the situation and environment, and when it does not go the way I want it to, then I freak out. Yeah, even allowing a new haircut to be fun can totally throw me off - really. It is not pretty. And then, a little voice, says one word to remind me to let it go. "Attitude". That is all that is said. Today, I went to a suprise anniversary party for my neighbors who have been married for 25 years. Isn't that awesome? I knew the guests of honor and actually saw someone I know from work, so I hung out at her table with her husband and their friends. Not sure what her husband thinks of me, but I had fun being me. One gal was saying how she did not like Kahlua coffee that Krieg makes because it tasted too watery. I told her to add Kahlua and it might taste better. Maybe not the right thing to say at a table of deacons, but I had fun. I was in a situation that I needed to be in, knew very few people, and had a good time "going with the flow". Do you do that? No expectations and just letting things happen are best. I am always going to be a work in progress and know you are too. We are always learning, if not then we become stagnant and rot. We need to be fresh, alive, and in awe of what is before us. I had a couple of exciting encounters this week and we will see where those lead, but I am certainly moving forward, even if with baby steps. Not sure where tomorrow will lead me, but I am going to "embrace the journey" and go with the flow. You can too.

No comments: