Sunday, May 22, 2011

When you just "know"

Have you ever been in a situation when you are surrounded by feelings of doubt and you question everything you have been taught and all that you believe to be true? We all have those moments. Have any of you seen "The Matrix"? Its premise is that the world as the the people in the movie know it, is a lie. They merely exist in a computer program and that nothing is real. Neo, the main character played by Keannu Reeves, has come to the attention of the resistance of the Matrix, and is told he is the "One". But Neo doesn't believe them; in fact, for the majority of the movie he keeps telling people his name is Mr. Anderson, not Neo. Neo means "new". The resistence still shows him things as agents keep trying to kill Neo because if he lives, the Matrix could be destroyed. But my absolute favorite part of the movie is near the end (who's isn't) when Neo accepts his name and starts to believe in his destiny. He starts to defend himself against the agents, almost effortlessly without trying very hard at all. Are you there yet? Have you been confronted with something that you are not sure how to take it so it questions all that you are at that point? I have been a thinker my whole life (and still am to an extent), but I have come to a point in my life when I just "know" what I need to do next. I know, beyond doubt, that my life needs to change and if by chance I happen to change others' lives along the way, then that is how it is meant to be. I know what I have to do and have been told that when I am "doing my thing" that it is neat to watch. I don't even realize I am doing it. I do it without thinking, without any real effort, without hesitation. I do it because I am meant to do it and am following my destiny. "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." Are you in the "know" and if you are, have you started walking your path?

No comments: