Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Brand New Day

As I start this morning, sitting in the office at my house, watching the sun peak as it glides above the houses and reflects its glow off of simple suburban objects, I have hope. Today is a brand new day. Yesterday carries many memories for me as do all my yesterdays. Today is new and regardless of what your yesterday showed you, it is done and cannot be undone. Therefore, you have today. I am reasured that life is here through the song of the morning bird that sits on my porch and sings to me. I am comforted knowing that there are people out there, some near and others far, that truly love me and would be there if I called. Why do we choose to be stuck in yesterdays? We cannot live in the past. It does nothing for us and ingnoring today is worse. We have to acknowledge what is in front of us now...even if it hurts...even if you don't want to...even if you think you can't...even if you are not sure how. Putting your head in the sand and letting life pass you by is no way to live...because you're not. You live for someone else everyday you live. You mean something (probably more than you think) to someone else. It is perfectly ok to admit that you have fallen and are unsure how to get up. There are people that are just waiting...waiting...for you to say those words, "I need you." Emotions and feelings can take us from pure elation and awe to despair and make us want to crumble. Today is YOUR day! You are strong and confident and you are here for a reason. It is not my job to find that reason for you...that you must do on your own. My job is to get you to believe that you are here for a reason. Your reason is in your heart and it will never steer you wrong. It will be more clear to you than anything else. You are brand new today. Show it!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Sometimes, all it takes is someone telling you it's OK to be uncertain, that it's OK to not know what's ahead...and that they will always be there for you helping you move forward rather than backward. You are the perfect example of that in my life. :)

Michelle Homme said...

K - thank you. In my quest to find my purpose, I have given you all that I am. I am truly taken aback that my simple words have made such an impact on you.