Monday, August 8, 2011

The strength of a smile

Every day, I put on something that makes me smile. It forces me to, even if I don't feel like it. It is a reminder of what kind of day I am going to have...a GREAT one!! However, regardless of whether I am having a great day or not, this simple accessory has brought smiles to those that see me wear it along with many wonderful comments like, "I love your watch!" Yes, I wear a bright yellow (thing Big Bird yellow) watch that has a HUGE smiley face on it. It matches nothing that I own, but I wear it anyway. It was given to me by a friend for my birthday and I wear it several times a week. Even when I do not wear the watch, I wear the smile on my face and in my heart. It is a simple gesture, to give someone a smile that always gets you one in return. In those occassions that one is not given back to you, do you wonder why? Sometimes, I do. There are some people that I see everyday and they are just the most unfriendly, borderline crabby people I have ever met. My saying, "Good morning" just sets them off. But, I say it anyway. Your smile can make someone's day, even if you think it is not that big of a deal. They say that life is not about the big things, but the little simple things that we overlook from time to time. A smile shows confidence and happiness. I would much rather give that impression to someone than anything else. Show your strength today...SMILE and HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! :-)

No comments: