Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Listen...

Really listen. Do you hear it? I heard it 20 months ago and I still hear it. I listen to it on the solo runs I take when my feet carry me along my normal route as I finish my 5th mile. I hear it when I find new music that inspires me to keep moving forward. It is found in those places that no one ever gets to, but people can see it. I can feel it almost every day. And believe me, I am paying attention. I am talking about my heart...heeding the message it is sending to me as I follow the path before me. I dismissed it for so long, never probably acknowledging its existence. How can that be? How could I have just skated through by the seat of my pants for so long? Why wasn't it important until now? I am not sure that I will ever be able to answer those questions. The best part is that I don't have to. They don't matter anyway. The message I get every day mkaes it so worthwhile that even when I stumble through something, I have to get back up and keep going. Especially when I stumble. The silence can be deafening when you listen. Listen to what you are meant to do...how you serve others...by being you. For the first time in a really long time, I am all ears.

No comments: