Friday, January 21, 2011

Your everything

This week has been emotionally draining and tiring. I would be lying if I said I am not glad that it is over. I have been reminded this week about life and those little moments we all take for granted, and how time is never anything we can get back once it is gone. The song that gets me really motivated to change my life is called, "Motions" by Matthew West. There is a portion of the song where where the lyrics say, "I don't want to spend my life asking what if I had given my everything instead of going through the motions." That is where I am right now and I actually get very upset about the thought I could be wasting time doing something totally irrelevant. We never know how much time we have in our lives. My Mission Statement highlights my lack of regrets so far in my life, and I am not about to start now. If I had to ask myself if I have given my everything, my answer would be no. Well, no more waiting for me. I am done with the status quo and waiting for my life to lead me - I am taking control and going to give my life my everything. I have given more of my everything in the last 12 months that I have probably done my entire life. What becomes important when you have signs that remind you that you are alive and that your work is not yet done. Tonight, I have friends that are mourning their husband and father while another friend is mourning the loss of her mother in law. Personally, we have dealt with four deaths in the last four weeks. As I mentioned earlier - no one is promised a tomorrow or any amount of time. We have to make the most of our todays. If you knew you had but one day to live, can you say you gave your everything? Most of us can't. Because we are not promised anything, it should be your life's purpose to give your everything. It should be what you tell yourself every morning before your start your day. I don't want to wish that I had given more. One of my favorite sayings is, "No one ever wishes they had done less. They always wish they had done more." Give more, believe more, love more, say more, treasure more, dance more, laugh more, hug more - the list goes on. Give your everything - it is the one thing that is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

No comments: