Thursday, July 21, 2011

Never Rule ANYTHING out

Have you done this? Who hasn't? Where you dismiss possibilities before they really have a chance to grow into something that is living and breathing and becomes engraved so deep that it could never wash away? Keep yourself open to anything the comes your way. My focus for almost a year has been on teenagers - mostly because of what I see that they need. They need someone to believe in them, to tell them that they can have any future they want. They are going to have to work hard to get it, but it can be theirs if they want. I see struggles and lack of motivation and giving up every day and it makes me so sad. I want to help. Do I have all of the answers? No. No one does. I know what it looks like to feel empowered and stronger than ever before when you just hear the words, "I believe in you." Those words can be life changing and can motivate people like they never thought possible. Lately, without warning or a lot of thinking, my most recent attention has been on women and helping them find their "what". More to come on that later. I guess the point of this little note is that even though I was preoccupied with another goal, I have been presented with something that seems to welcomed and appreciated. The women I talk to feel like they are alone so they don't say anything to anyone. Guess what? We all are there - in that same exact moment and here is where we start to dazzle and show the world what we can do. I cannot rule anything out even though inside I am thinking, "Are you serious? Do I really need another thing to do right now? Really? Really?" Those of you that know me personally can probably hear my voice saying these exact words. However, my arms are receiving this and my heart is open wide. There are so many promises yet to be fullfilled that I can't even imagine any of them. I can, but I am not going there. I am "going with the flow" and "embracing the journey". Do not close the door on anything that presents itself to you - even if it is going to be difficult...even if it is not what you expected...especially if you think you can't. Anything is possible and you're possible. I'm possible. You have to try. Trying will lead you to doing and there in lies your success and the realization that your life can be different and better and what you always wanted. Anything and everything means more than you think it does, especially to me.

No comments: