Saturday, October 15, 2011

I saw a rainbow the other day...

after a storm came through that morning as I was headed to work. I remember feeling upset because I could not get out and run. My day just does not feel the same if I am off my routine. Do you guys ever feel that way? Yes, I got a little more sleep and was warm inside my bed, but it just wasn't the same. Then, I saw the rainbow. It reminds of possibilities yet to come...yet to be. I found the "Rainbow Connection" sung by Kermit the Frog (yes, I said Kermit - as in the Muppets) some time ago, but I just love it. The rainbow brought me centered and made the rest of the day back to normal. It made me realize that I was inconvenienced by the thunder and lightening and rain that prevented me from doing what I wanted to do, but that the rain benefited the ground and washed away dirt that had been there after a long spell of no moisture. Rainbows have lots of colors, but my favorite has been and always will be...what color? Find peace and comfort in rainbows, but I really don't there is a pot of gold in the way the Leprechauns tell it. The "pot of gold" we are seeking may just be exactly the opposite. Look for rainbows everywhere, but especially after it rains.

No comments: