Saturday, October 15, 2011

Missing someone

My dad posted this quote on facebook and I love it..."Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you last talked. It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right by your side." Has this ever happened to you? Oh, my gosh...this happens to me alot. Maybe too much. Maybe I let it. But I do not think I have ever reacted to things like I do now. But when something good and exciting happens, you want to share it. On the other hand, when something hits you like a school bus, you need to share it. Why do we miss it when someone isn't there? When they cannot pick up the phone? Usually it is not because they don't want to, but they just can't right at that moment. I know sometimes I am afraid I will forget to tell that person. Yes, people, there is alot going on upstairs. Plus, it just doesn't feel the same when your adrenaline subsides to near normal levels. Emotion gets you pumped up or mad, depending on the situation. I know that I exude excitement and passion when I call Rocky and tell her about some crazy idea I have. When we let our hearts soar or let our souls weep, we are there in that moment. And when you call someone at "that exact moment", you know it will be as if they are right by your side. Where they would want and need to be. Because they love you. It is a moment you cannot get back and sharing that moment with someone allows you to share it together. And if you are together, then you cannot miss each other.

No comments: