Sunday, October 23, 2011

When people don't see it

It really isn't that hard. It is quite simple. Maybe that is why I don't get why people don't see it. The "it" I am referring to is different things on different days. Maybe "it" is when people say one thing and do another. Sometimes it is when saying the right thing is not meant to hurt. Being kind is not hard nor does it require a lot of thought or work. We usually overlook the person doing the right thing because we notice first the person not doing the right thing. And that person doesn't see it. I put others before myself and am extremely embarrased if someone notices it. I do it for them...not for recognition. I was gone most of the weekend attending a family wedding out of town and then, I noticed something that had been left behind. Something that made me smile. Something that may never be erased from the surface (but may accidently be erased), is now imprinted forever in my memory. Little things like that can really affect people. But, people don't see it. They don't get it. I know I am more real than I probably have been because I am done playing the game. I am done hanging out with people that don't have the same mindset as me. Not that they have to agree with everything I say or think, but I realize I am leaning more towards the people that have those same thoughts. When people don't see it, there usually is an excuse close by to explain why. The real reason and the only reason is because it is easier not to care...easier to take care of me...easy. This world is far from it. It throws all kinds of pitches at you and you have to be ready. And even if you are not, you will be in a short amount of time. Are you one of the ones that sees it or not? If you don't see it, do you want to? You can see it, but you have to not choose easy and LOOK. Really LOOK. It is there. Even when you think it isn't. And once you see it, you will feel it.

No comments: