Sunday, October 30, 2011

Impossible to fake

Have you ever seen it? Have you felt it? I am talking about true inspiration - when it moves you to tears, laughter, and everything in between. That is something that cannot be faked - ever. In a couple of weeks, I have to inspire a group of 400 people with my words. I will be out there on stage for everyone to see, with all 800 eyes on me. Oh, my gosh...that just sounded really intimidating. Just kidding. Maybe to most people it would be. But, as you may have guessed, I am not most people. You should probably know that by now. That is a good thing... that there is only one of me. Not sure the world could handle more than one, since it may not be ready for this one. Inspiration comes from your heart and is felt deep and urges me on when I want to quit. When I want to run. There are still some things that people say about me that I do not believe. I probably will never believe about myself. I don't feel that I am those things, but I know something true when I am inspired or inspire others. I feel it. I cannot fake that. It is something that tugs at my emotions until I am forced to subcomb to it. You can fake a smile, fake a hug, or fake an attitude. Maybe that is why when I am inspiring others, I am true to what I am meant to be. I have never been one to be fake...it is hard enough to be real. So, when you feel something in your soul that stirs you beyond words, chances are it is true inspiration and will never question it. It is never fake and will catapult you into new experiences and new roads you are meant to travel.

No comments: