Monday, October 3, 2011

Making my day

As you may have previously read, one of my favorite things to do is to surprise people. I love to see their face and the smile that is usually on it. A couple of weeks ago, I was the one with the smile as someone surpised me by just stopping by my office for a quick visit. TK and I have known each other for a few years now, and every time he comes to see me, I am always grateful he did. In fact, he tells me that he told his mom that he was not leaving the area until he saw me. Isn't that sweet? I was on cloud nine the rest of the day. It did not matter what happened the rest of the day, because I could look back and smile at the nice, kind gesture of just being there tells me. Most of the time, it is me. Remembering a birthday with sending a card in the mail - I love to surprise people that way. Sometimes cards have money in them, too. Remember that, Rock? It is easy to do little things, but they make such an impact and last longer than it took you to fo that little thing. Those little things...those simple tasks that get overlooked and we get too busy for...minor details that we think no one will notice...make the world better. Make the people in the world want to be better. It makes our days better and I am grateful every time. Thanks, TK. You make my day every time I see you.

No comments: